Order - Augmented caring@home package for carers
To assist clinical service providers during the COVID-19 pandemic, caring@home have produced augmented caring@home packages for carers. These include an Emergency COVID-19 pack to support home-based care and help limit risks of community COVID-19 transmission. These packages are funded by the Australian Government.
The factsheet (525kb pdf) provides further information.
Augmented package components
These packages are available free-of-charge and include: (detailed inclusions can be viewed at the bottom of this page)
- Regular caring@home package for carers
- Emergency COVID-19 packs
- Printed step-by-step guides and videos for carers:
- Inserting a subcutaneous cannula
- Giving a subcutaneous injection
- Printed information sheets for carers and service providers
- A starter pack of clinical items to enable:
- Health professionals to teach a volunteer carer
- Volunteer carers to practise
+ ++ +
When can these augmented packages be used?
- These packs are for use when clinicians are unable to insert subcutaneous cannulas in home-based palliative care patients, for example if adequate PPE is not available
- The Emergency COVID-19 packs:
- have been produced specifically for use during the COVID-19 pandemic
- can be easily removed, and the remaining 'regular' package used for patients not at risk, or diagnosed with COVID-19.
pdf version of Resources Order Form (583kb)